Built in direct response to the needs of the AEC industry, SITEOPS aims to ease the pains associated with site planning and moving dirt. Before the invention of SITEOPS, the process of site optimization relied heavily upon guesswork. Now, with the development of SITEOPS and its evolutionary computing methods, the time and cost problems at the heart of many land development projects can be solved.
Below is a timeline of the evolution of BLUERIDGE Analytics and SITEOPS from eager, yet humble beginnings to their ongoing growth within the software world.
- 2003: BLUERIDGE Analytics is incorporated
- 2004: Mike Detwiler, President & CEO, joins the team
- 2005: Dr. Thomas Bäck, leading expert and author of the handbook on evolutionary computing, collaborates with BLUERIDGE Analytics to develop SITEOPS
- May 2007: SITEOPS Single Pad released, providing unrivaled functionality for big box retailers like Lowe’s
- April 2008: SITEOPS receives LandXML certification
- July 1, 2008: U.S. Patent No. 7,395,191 issued
- November 2009: SITEOPS Multi Pad released
- June 6, 2010: Mexican Patent No. 277174 issued
- September 23, 2010: Australian Patent No. 2005267887 issued
- March 2011: Swept Path Analysis Module released, introducing a shift to modularization in the software
- June 2011: Topo Import Module released
- November 2011: 3D Visualization added via Trimble SketchUp